Re: Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Frank
Subject Re: Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db)
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe,

If you have password authentication on for the other server as well try
this command instead,

psql -e worldwide -f worldwide.pgdump

where the -f switch tells psql to execute commands contained in a file.
I just fought with that one today for a bit until I remembered that
switch.  You should then get a password prompt to enter your password.

Tim Frank

On 20/03/01, 6:18:02 PM, joe@jwebmedia.com (Joseph Koenig) wrote
regarding Re: [GENERAL] Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db):

> Alright, Next question. I got the dump out (thanks for all the help).
> Now I can't get it back in on the other server! It keeps telling me
> permission denied to the file itself. I even tried chmod'ing it to 777
> and changing the ownership to postgres.postgres, su to postgres and it
> says "permission denied" when I try to:
> psql -e worldwide < worldwide.pgdump

> What now? Thanks for the help :)

> On another note -- the docs for postgres seem to be a bit scarce for the
beginner...