Re: Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Frank
Subject Re: Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db)
Date
List pgsql-general
John,

    Thanks for mentioning that fix :)  I'm sure one could run sed or
something similar to remove that line at the top of the file after the
backup has completed (I shall have to try that sometime).
    Just a note about the filesystem level backups.  In my experience they
are about twice the size of the dumped data after being tar'd/gzip'd,
which isn't that big of a deal these days but something to be aware of
when allocating backup space (or writing to removable media such as CD's,
zips, tapes, whatever).
    The other is just a note from the development docs for 7.1 which can be
read here
http://www.postgresql.org/devel-corner/docs/admin/backup-file.html so I
won't repeat it myself.

Tim Frank

On 21/03/01, 9:15:27 AM, John Madden <weez@freelists.org> wrote regarding
Re: [GENERAL] Really Dumb Question...(Dumping db):