Re: Doucumentation bug in libpq > Asynchronous Query Processing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Doucumentation bug in libpq > Asynchronous Query Processing
Date
List pgsql-bugs
This is fixed in the current docs:

#$ grep PQsetnonblocking *.sgml
libpq.sgml:   <function>PQsetnonblocking</function> had been called.
libpq.sgml:address that issue, the function
<function>PQsetnonblocking</function>
libpq.sgml:Old applications can neglect to use
<function>PQsetnonblocking</function>
libpq.sgml:<function>PQsetnonblocking</function> to achieve a completely
non-blocking
libpq.sgml:    <function>PQsetnonblocking</function> Sets the
nonblocking status of the
libpq.sgml:int PQsetnonblocking(PGconn *conn, int arg)
libpq.sgml:    <function>PQsetnonblocking</function> functionality in
the near future.
libpq.sgml:<function>PQsetnonblocking</function> have a need for this.
libpq.sgml:Non-blocking connections (that have used
<function>PQsetnonblocking</function>)

> Philip (philip.howell@cit.act.edu.au) reports a bug with a severity of 3
>
> Short Description
> Doucumentation bug in libpq > Asynchronous Query Processing
>
> Long Description
> In the online docs:
>
> http://postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/postgres/libpq-chapter22577.htm
>
> there is a problem with documentation regarding the function PQsetnonblocking.  The documentation defines the
functionas:

>   int PQsetnonblocking(PGconn *conn)
>
> While in libpq-fe.h (installed from rpm postgresql-devel-7.0.3-2) it is defined as:
>
>   int PQsetnonblocking(PGconn *conn, int arg)
>
> Which has an extra argument arg.  I guessed that this argument was to be TRUE or FALSE, to set or unset blocking, and
thisseems to work, however there is no mention of the argument in the docs.