Re: FETCH ... INTO in PL/pgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: FETCH ... INTO in PL/pgSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom, Bruce,
>
>    Is there any way to make use of the contents of a cursor in a PL/pgSQL
> function?  FETCH ... INTO isn't supported, according to the docs.  Can I
> use the dot notation, or something similar?
   PL/pgSQL  doesn't  support cursors at all. That's basically a   fault of the SPI manager because  every  internal
DB access   from  withing PL/pgSQL is done via SPI and that beast doesn't   support cursors. As said, I want to work on
thatfor 7.2.

Jan