Re: [SQL] Undefined symbol - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mathijs Brands
Subject Re: [SQL] Undefined symbol
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 06:44:31PM -0500, Boulat Khakimov allegedly wrote:
> testdb=# select encode('bob','bob');
> ERROR:  Load of file /home/boulat/Funio.com/database/encode.so failed:
> /home/boulat/Funio.com/database/encode.so: undefined symbol:
> BF_cfb64_encrypt
>
> thats the function that I call from inside my c code...
> but Why??? It compiled with no errors or warning, and I have all the
> right includes in my source code.
>
> Im confused!

Are you linking against a blowfish library? If so, either include the
encryption functions in your shared object, or load that shared object
yourself. Have a look at the dlopen manpage for more information.

I hope this helps a bit,

Mathijs
--
It's not that perl programmers are idiots, it's that the language
rewards idiotic behavior in a way that no other language or tool has