Re: Newbie: execute function error! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From dev@archonet.com
Subject Re: Newbie: execute function error!
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 3/6/01, 5:55:05 AM, John GM <gm@weri.com> wrote regarding [SQL] Newbie:
execute function error!:

> I created a sample function:

> CREATE FUNCTION concat_text (text, text) RETURNS text AS '
> BEGIN
>     RETURN $1 || $2;
> END; '
> LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

> The creation was fine.  But when I execute the function with : select
> concat('a', 'b');

> I get the error:

> NOTICE:  plpgsql: ERROR during compile of concat_text near line 1
> "RROR:  parse error at or near "

> What did I do wrong?

Nothing wrong with your function, but the error seems to be missing an E
at the front (unless it's a typo) - you didn't cut and paste the
definition from a Windows machine to *nix did you - leaves CR characters
lying around.

- Richard Huxton