Re: where is the postmaster executable in the win nt distribution ? - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: where is the postmaster executable in the win nt distribution ?
Date
List pgsql-ports
Christian,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 03:23:20PM +0100, Christian Thrum wrote:
> i'm trying to get postgresql 7.0 running. the manual says that i have to
> start the postmaster
> process first. but in my bin directory there is no postmaster executable or
> script!

postmaster is a symlink to postgres.  Under Cygwin, you should have the
following:

    $ ls -l /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster
    lrw-r--r--   1 jt       Domain U       23 Dec 28 12:33 /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -> postgres.exe

> (do i have to compile it myself?)

You should probably build all of PostgreSQL yourself.  While you are at
it, I suggest using 7.1beta5 or later (i.e., CVS) since they work better
under Cygwin.

> i use the binary version : postgresql-7.0-nt-binaries.tar.gz

What is the above?  That is, from where did you get it?

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235