Re: Lan Connection - Mailing list pgsql-general

From GH
Subject Re: Lan Connection
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 03:01:56PM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Questions??
>  The SQL and Programming part are easy!
> But.. I can't connect to a database on the lan
> only on the local machine..
> Scenario..
>   Created test DB called mydb
>   Created table person w/ fields (name, address, city, state, zip)
>   Inserted values into tables
>   Table displays on local serves with Select query..
>
> I want to run Postgres server on host Maintower then
> I want to connect to database mydb from host user Laptop
> TCP/IP and Named Resolution are up and running....
>
> What syntax do I use ..?

Look at pg_hba.conf (in your pgsql/data directory).
There are instructions in there for allowing access from non-local hosts
by specifying allowed IP addresses.

You would need something like the following to allow access from (all)
other machines:
host      all           trust
or
host      all           password