PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO + PL/pgSQL documentation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Roberto Mello
Subject PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO + PL/pgSQL documentation
Date
Re: PL/SQL-to-PL/pgSQL-HOWTO + PL/pgSQL documentation  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
I think I finished the HOWTO that I've been writing far a couple days.
The HTML version is at http://www.brasileiro.net/roberto/howto. The
document expalins the basic differences from Oracle's PL/SQL to
PoltgreSQL's PL/pgSQL and how to port applications to Postgres. It comes
with several examples and the code for a port of Oracle's instr functions.I wrote it in standard DocBook and would be
gladto give it to the PG

team if there's interest in including its whole or part in the
documentation. Just let me know who should I send it to.Another issue is that I'd like to revamp the PL/pgSQL main
docs.The

way it is right is hard to find what you want because everything is buried
under the "Description" page. Plus the documentation could use _a lot_
more examples, especially of things that people use often, like "FOR ROW",
loops, etc.Would that be something the PG team would be interested in?
Thoughts?
-Roberto
P.S: Thanks so much for PG. I love it!
--
Computer Science            Utah State University
Space Dynamics Laboratory        Web Developer