syntax prob - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From postgresql
Subject syntax prob
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am away from my server for the weekend and I need a little help.

when doing  updates of multiple fields there commas between
the  elements?
I mean

update table set cname = 'Bill', caddress = '2nd floor' where acode =
'AVAN';

I refer to the space between 'Bill' and caddress.

if I could get to the server I would just try it. what happens if you have
only 1 field to update and you add a comma, like this

update table set cname = 'Bill',  where acode = 'AVAN';

I am trying to concatenate an update string and I would love to not
have to worry about the comma. I guess I could figure out how many
things have changed then add commas... but I could also  wish for it
to be easier.

Ted