Re: SunOS4 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: SunOS4
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > > o SunOS4 does not have atexit (used in psql). --> igore it
> >
> > Maybe on_exit() is available, or even more portable?
>
> Let me check it.

SunOS4 has on_exit. Can we change atexit to on_exit?

> > > o to make shared library I have added an entry for SunOS4 in
> > >   Makefile.shlib.
> >
> > I'm not sure that entry is right.  Libtool wants it to look like
> >
> > $(LD) -assert pure-text -Bshareable
> >
> > you have
> >
> > $(LD) -dc -dp -Bdynamic
>
> It comes from our makefiles/Makefile.sunos4. Let me check if what
> Libtool suggests works.

It doesn't work. Probably that is for GNU ld? On sparc platforms, we
usually do not use GNU ld (I don't remember the reason
though). However

$(LD) -assert pure-text -Bdynamic

works.

> > > o to make shared libraries (such as libpgeasy.so) relying on libpq,
> > >   "ld foo.o bar.o ... -L ../libpq -lpq" is executed but fails. I
> > >   changed it to:
> > >     ld foo.o bar.o ... ../libpq.a
> > >     instead.
> >
> > Can you elaborate on why that's necessary?  Perhaps a problem with the
> > command line (see above)?

$(LD) -assert pure-text -Bdynamic (eliminating -dc -dp) works with -L
../libpq -lpq. But is it safe? Can we live without -dc -dp? SunOS4
guru anywhere?
--
Tatsuo Ishii