Re: logging a psql script - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frank Joerdens
Subject Re: logging a psql script
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 04:51:00PM -0500, Ken Kline wrote:
> Hello,
>    I would like my psql script to log everything that it does.
> I set the following
>
> \set ECHO all
> \o foo.txt
> \qecho
>
> some sql, some ddl, etc...
>
> \o
>

> But foo.txt only contains
>
> DROP
> DROP
> DROP
> CREATE
> CREATE
> CREATE
>
> I want it to contain everything that I see on the screen, what am I
> missing?

Dunno how you do it via \o; what I do is run the postmaster with the
-d 2 option and then log everything to syslogd. This will log every query
in detail. It's very convenient while you're developing and testing,
especially if you run a separate window with

tail -f /wherever/you/write/your/postgres.log

Regards, Frank