Re: passing values to a function - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: passing values to a function
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Cedar Cox wrote:
> Giving
>   select update_sentitems('INSERT',1);
> returns
>   NOTICE:   varop = INSERT
> as expected, however if you give
>   select update_sentitems('INSERT',null);
> this is returned:
>   NOTICE:   varop = <NULL>
>
> BTW, it doesn't matter if both parameters are text or int4.  Also, it
> doesn't matter which one is given as null, they both turn up null.
> Bottom line seems to be that if you call the function with any parameter
> null, they are all null.  Sooo.. what's up here?  Is this a bug that's
> been fixed in 7.0.3? (I'm still using 7.0.2).
   I  wouldn't call it a bug, it was a lack of capabilities with   the pre7.1 function manager. It had only one flag
forNULL to   pass  to  the  function,  so  it said "there is a NULL, but I   don't tell you which arg it is".

   7.1 is the first that does it correct.

Jan