Re: WAL and commit_delay - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: WAL and commit_delay
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 Feb 2001 at 17:56 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:

[snipped]

| Is anyone out there running a 2.4 Linux kernel?  Would you try pgbench
| with current sources, commit_delay=0, -B at least 1024, no -F, and see
| how the results change when pg_fsync is made to call fdatasync instead
| of fsync?  (It's in src/backend/storage/file/fd.c)

I've not run this requested test, but glibc-2.2 provides this bit
of code for fdatasync, so it /appears/ to me that kernel version
will not affect the test case.

[glibc-2.2/sysdeps/generic/fdatasync.c]
 int fdatasync (int fildes) {     return fsync (fildes); }

hth. brent

--
"We want to help, but we wouldn't want to deprive you of a valuable
learning experience."                                         http://openbsd.org/mail.html