Open 7.1 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Open 7.1 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
As you can see from the current open items list, there isn't much left
to do for the 7.1 release.  I am going to suggest we remove the LAZY
VACUUM option at this point.  I know Tom Lane posted an item about the
join visibility issue, so hopefully this can be resolved soon.  Not sure
what to do about the "Stuck spinlocks" but we may have to leave that for
7.2 or see what problem reports we get from the current code.

The documentation list is pretty much done.  It would be nice to have
some more items completed, but I haven't see any comments about them.

So, where are we in the release cycle?  Are we ready to start looking at
dates to issue release candidates for testing?

Thomas Lockhart needs the docs frozen for a while so he can package
them.

                             P O S T G R E S Q L
                         7 . 1  O P E N    I T E M S

Current at ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Source Code Changes
-------------------
LAZY VACUUM (Vadim)
visibility of joined columns in JOIN clauses
Stuck btree spinlocks

Documentation Changes
JDBC improvements (Peter, Travis Bauer, Christopher Cain, William Webber,   Gunnar)
ODBC cleanups/improvements (Nick Gorham, Stephan Szabo, Zoltan Kovacs,    Michael Fork)
New PL/pgSQL GET DIAGNOSTICS statement for SPI value access (Jan)
Improve PL/PgSQL documentation (?)
Store tables as files named by OID (Vadim)
New /contrib/rserv replication toolkit (Vadim)
New /contrib/oid2name to map numeric files to table names
New pg_class.relkind value for views (Mark Hollomon)

Pennsylvania19026