displaying constraints - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Frank Joerdens
Subject displaying constraints
Date
List pgsql-sql
The only what that I am aware of in which you can display the
constraints that have been created for a table is by dumping out the
schema with the -s option and then trying to reconstruct the foreign key
references from the <unnamed> triggers which where created by the e.g.

some_column    int4 references other_table ( other_column ),

statements in the queries which created the database or table. This is
considerably harder than just looking at the sql which created the
table, as I am just figuring out the hard way. I'll be recreating my
entire database from .sql files in order to have a proper documentation
as to the database structure. I'd rather not, but it seems just plain
too difficult to reconstruct everything that I did via alter table . . .
I am not really certain whether I can exactly reverse-engineer all the
foreign keys from the triggers.

Is there a better solution to my problem?

Cheers, Frank