Re: ODBC Patch - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ODBC Patch
Date
List pgsql-patches
> > > Can you send me that resource.h file again, and I will merge in any
> > > change made by *.rc, but keep the /* */ comments, OK?
> >
> > I don't think that's a feasible long-term maintenance approach either.
> > Will you or Dave remember to do this any time psqlodbc.rc changes?
>
> I can certainly do this anytime I update the driver, but I obviously can't
> keep track of other people who change it. IMHO it (psqlodbc.rc) should be
> updated for every patch submitted as it (along with psqlodbc.h) contain the
> revision number which is essential for the ODBC driver which is often
> updated outside of the main PostgreSQL releases.

It is my understanding that resource.h is changed only when a new
option is added t psqlodbc.rc.  It does not change with a version number
change because resource.h doesn't contain a version number.

> > Seems like the correct answer is for pgindent to
> > automatically transform
> > "// comment" to "/* comment */".
>
> This sounds much more sensible.

Sure, I can do that.  I can have pgindent convert:

    // comment

    /* comment */

Dave, can you send me the MS-generated resource.h for me to test with
and cvs commit?  Thanks.