Re: startup Postgres on NT - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fred Yankowski
Subject Re: startup Postgres on NT
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 12:56:04PM +0700, Jarungwit J. wrote:
> Now I can start ipc-daemon as NT Service by using invoker methood. But
> when I start postmaster with invoker method, it shows error:
>    Error 0203: The sytem could not find the environment option that was
>    entered.
> Note that I can start postmaster in cygwin-shell. Any suggestion?

Make sure that the environment variables for whatever NT user the
postmaster service is running under are set to everything that
postmaster needs.  Consider PGDATA, PGHOST, and PATH in particular.
Note that the .bash_profile and .bashrc files won't apply to the
service since it isn't run in the context of bash/sh.  The Cygwin
/usr/bin (or /bin) folder should be in PATH too so that
postmaster/postgres can call system() on utilities like 'rm' and 'cp'.

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370