timestamp- milliseconds since epoch output - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jkakar@expressus.com
Subject timestamp- milliseconds since epoch output
Date
Re: timestamp- milliseconds since epoch output  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I'm using a timestamp field called date_created.  Whenever I select it
I get:

select date_created from tbl_user;     date_created
------------------------2001-02-05 17:23:26-082001-02-05 17:45:39-082001-02-03 03:58:53-08
(3 rows)

I've tried using variations of to_char and to_timestamp but can't seem
to get the timestamp as a value of milliseconds since the Epoch (Jan
1, 1970).  I've been looking through the user manual but can't seem to
find anything... might be nice to put it in there as this is probably
a very common operation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jamu.

--
Jamu Kakar (Developer)            Expressus Design Studio, Inc.
jkakar@expressus.com            708-1641 Lonsdale Avenue