Re: Crazy PHP-> PostgreSQL errors - Mailing list pgsql-php

From GH
Subject Re: Crazy PHP-> PostgreSQL errors
Date
List pgsql-php
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 01:02:02PM -0500, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Warning: 11 is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in
> /usr/site/php/classes/db_pgsql.inc on line 62
>
> Ok, this is a bit nasty.. All of the sudden I'm getting all kinds of the
> above errors in my PHP code (code that's worked forever).. It happens on
> both PG 7.0.2, 7.0.3 and 7.1 Beta 4 with both Apache 1.3.14 and 1.3.17..
>
> It recently started happening on one of our production servers when it was
> taken to PHP 4.0.4pl1 from 4.0.3. I'm not positive where it started
> happening with my development server as the application effected hasn't been
> worked on for a while..
>
> Between my development server and our effected production server we're using
> two totally different PgSQL classes for database access and both have been
> stable for a long, long time so I'm pretty sure it's not out PHP code...
>
> It doesn't appear that the backend is crashing.. I get no message that it
> exited abnormally, I swear it's like I'm calling pg_close() somewhere (but
> I'm not)..

Are you using persistent connections?
Are the config files essentially the same (relating to PostgreSQL, of
course)?

> I'm at a loss as to how to debug this, it _appears_ to be PHP 4.0.4pl1
> that's doing something crazy but I'll be damned if I can see what it is..

Would it be possible for you to send perhaps an example of what is
causing the error (i.e. test case)?

We just switched from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4pl1, but not on our production
machines, and I have seen no such behavior (using non-persistent
connections).

Good luck!

gh