PHP and error reporting - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Adam Haberlach
Subject PHP and error reporting
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
    We've actually started using the database to enforce permissions and
referential integrity, and now we actually need to know how to deal with
the errors this causes the system to report.
Is there a better way to do this then parsing the results from
pg_errormessage()?  I would really like a way to get a symbolic result,
rather then a text one.
If I have to, I'll add a hook directly into the error value function
and submit it to the PHP source base, but I was wondering if anyone had
a simpler way.

--
Adam Haberlach            |A cat spends her life conflicted between a
adam@newsnipple.com       |deep, passionate, and profound desire for