Re: VACUUM and 24/7 database operation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sanjay Arora
Subject Re: VACUUM and 24/7 database operation
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom,

Shouldn't it be possible to build vacuum as an ongoing internal PG process,
instead of a seperate operation? How does Oracle byepass this? Must be some
way that can be implemented.

Any pointers to further reading to brush up my theory in this regard please?

IAC, regarding the actual inquiry, wouldn't be a replicated database on a
second server be more cheaper than Oracle, if the party is satisfied with
PG performance? I browsed some PG commercial organization site that told
about a Replication Server being available for PG. I am about to look into
that next month. Is it any good like PG? Will provide failover too..rather
than using Oracle.

With best regards.
Sanjay.