Re: Silencing 'NOTICE' messages for PRIMARY KEY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rajit Singh
Subject Re: Silencing 'NOTICE' messages for PRIMARY KEY
Date
List pgsql-general
> Try piping the error stream through sed. Something like:
>
>   sed -e'/NOTICE/d'
>
> will remove all lines containing NOTICE from the output.

Yeah, I considered this.  I don't like the idea of hard-coding something like that.  When guys here in the future
upgradePostgres or something, they'd have to make sure they changed wherever I had written 'sed -e "/NOTICE/d"' (in the
eventof Postgres changing it's reporting mechanism).

And anyway, I felt if there was some way of getting postgres to only output essential stuff, then I know *it'd* be
makingthe decision... instead of me assuming all NOTICE messages are unimportant.

Unless, of course, someone can tell me that NOTICE messages are always unimportant, and only ERROR messages need to be
noted.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Rajit