Re: postgresql.conf ignored - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: postgresql.conf ignored
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:18:07AM -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:

> postgresql.conf is new for 7.1.  The proper 7.0.3 file is pg_options,
> and postmaster.options.sample (IIRC).  Might be just
> postmaster.opts.sample.

Which of these gets called by the

    /etc/init.d/postgresql

script?  I have pg_options set to do a lot of logging in order to
track down a problem I'm having, but it isn't working, as it does on
my old Debian boxes (<gratuitous rant>which I'd stick to if everyone
around here wasn't already using rpm-based distributions</gratuitious
rant>).  I don't see any information in the README.rpm file about
this, and I'm sort of confused (because there are the two files
here).  This is actually a 7.0.2 RPM from RH 7.  Pointers welcome.

--
Andrew Sullivan                       |     McMaster University
Research Computing Support, CIS       |   1280 Main Street West