Re: pg_dump error - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: pg_dump error
Date
List pgsql-sql
> >Can not create pgdump_oid table.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
> >cannot create pgdump_oid
> >
> >Is there a way to repair this?
> >

> If there was an earlier crash while running pg_dump, the table may already
> exist. If so, try deleting it. Also, can you confirm that the username
> under which you run pg_dump has the rights to create tables?

I have observed it several times on 7.0.x while using
pg_dumpall. Since pg_dumpall would create pgdump_oid as many times as
the number of databases, I suspect there might be an internal cache
problem in the backend. However this problem was hard to reproduce, I
have not tackled it yet. If someone has a reproducible data, please
let us know...
--
Tatsuo Ishii