Re: Querying date interval - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
Subject Re: Querying date interval
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 12:19:56 -0200, Renato De Giovanni wrote:
> select * from testdate where field1 between '2000-10-01' and
> '2000-11-30' ;
>
>    field1
> ------------
>  2000-09-30   <---- why is it here??
>  2000-10-20
>  2000-11-25

It works fine for me (7.0.3, Debian GNU/Linux "unstable").

I suspect your problem has to do with the "DATESTYLE" setting you're using;
does it help if you do "SET DATESTYLE TO 'ISO'" prior to INSERTing your test
values?

HTH,
Ray
--
[Open Source] is the finest expression of the free market. Ideas are
encouraged to proliferate and the best thinking wins. By contrast, most