Weird script problems solved... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From jkakar@expressus.com
Subject Weird script problems solved...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

About a week back I'd posted a message asking for help with a script
that as far as I could tell was well formed.  The problem was with 2
INSERT statements directly after the CREATE TABLE statement of the
table that I was trying to insert data into.  I'd used C single/multi
line comments of the form:

/* woo */

and

/* foo* bar* baz*/

throughout the script.  In order to determine what the problem was I
ran the script through a C preprocessor to remove the comments.
Without comments the script worked as expected.  I replaced the C
style comments with SQL '--' comments and the script also worked as
expected.  Unfortunately, I didn't maintain a copy of the C commented
script to help PSQL developers but thought this important to mention
anyway.

Thanks,
Jamu.

--
Jamu Kakar (Developer)            Expressus Design Studio, Inc.
jkakar@expressus.com            708-1641 Lonsdale Avenue