Re: ECPG could not connect to the database. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: ECPG could not connect to the database.
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 02:52:07PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I do not see how that can be ecpg's fault --- it just does
>
>     this->connection = PQsetdbLogin(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, dbname, user, passwd);
>
> which means that any specification of the host must come from the PGHOST
> environment variable and will be handled entirely inside libpq.

Not exactly. It is possible to use PGHOST but you also can add the hostname
to the dbname.

> suppose there might be C libraries out there that are pickier.  What
> is the platform showing this problem?

I'm not sure. I was mailed this by a user but don't know which platform he
uses. However, I can reproduce the problem on my Linux machine.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De