Re: [HACKERS] Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Brent Verner
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: Tuple-valued datums on Alpha (was Re: 7.1 on DEC/Alpha)
Date
List pgsql-patches
On 27 Dec 2000 at 16:50 (-0500), Tom Lane wrote:
| After further study, I realized that fetchatt() and a number of other
| places were not prepared to cope with 8-byte pass-by-value datatypes.
| Most of them weren't checking for cases they couldn't handle, either.
|
| Here is a revised patch for you to try (this includes yesterday's patch
| plus more changes, so you'll need to reverse out the prior patch before
| applying this one).  NOTE you will need to do a full reconfigure and
| rebuild to make this fly --- I'd suggest "make distclean" to start.

excellent!

this patch fixes the SEGV problem in the regression tests. the only
remaining failures, which are not due to SEGV, are:

  oid                  ... FAILED
  float8               ... FAILED
  geometry             ... FAILED

initial comments WRT failures:
  float8    fails only when building with gcc.
  oid       recall seeing one-liner change to correct this. will try.

many thanks,
  brent