Re: pgsql/jdbc schema viewer needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Beauregard
Subject Re: pgsql/jdbc schema viewer needed
Date
Re: pgsql/jdbc schema viewer needed  (Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 06:26:15PM -0800, Matt Harrington wrote:

> I have a pgsql 7.0.3 database with JDBC installed.  I need to graphically
> view the schema and would like to get ER diagrams or something useful like
> that.  I've used pgaccess, but i need something that lets me see the
> relationships between tables, etc.  something along the lines of Visio would
> be great.  if it ran on windows, all the better.

Somewhat related to this, I've been toying for a while with the idea
of hacking up something to turn pgsql schemas into ER diagrams
readable by GNU Dia.  Does anyone have pointers to an algorithm that
could be used to arrange entities and relationships on a page with a
minimum of crossed lines?

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233   Fx: +61 2 9361 4633