Trip to Japan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Trip to Japan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I have just returned from a seven-day trip to Japan.  I spoke for seven
hours to three separate groups, totalling 200 people.  I spoke to a
Linux Conference, a PostgreSQL user's group, and to SRA, a PostgreSQL
support company. You can get more information on my home page under
"Writings".  Here are some pictures from Japan:

    http://www.sra.co.jp/people/t-ishii/Bruce/
        http://ebony.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/~yasuda/BRUCE/

PostgreSQL is more popular in Japan than in the United States.  Japan
has user's groups in many cities and has had a commercial support
company (SRA) for two years.  MySQL is not popular in Japan.

It was great to meet so many nice people.