Re: Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Jason Tishler
Subject Re: Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53
Date
List pgsql-ports
Eric,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 02:58:06PM -0500, Xric PrXvost-Dansereau wrote:
>    Now, I want to run these software as services with invoker 1.53.
>    ipc-deamon work well, but I have problems with postmaster.

Try searching the archives, there have been recent posts demonstrating
various approaches to running postmaster as a service.  May be one of
these will work well enough for you.

>    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgsql\Parameters]
>    "Application"="d:\\cygwin\\usr\\ocal\\pgsql\\bin\\postmaster"
                                     ^
                                     +-- Is this a typo (i.e., missing an "l")?
>    "AppParameters"="-i"
>
>    Have an idea?

By default, postmaster is a symlink to postgres.exe.  So unless you did
something to workaround this, NT will not be able to start postmaster since
it does not grok symlinks.  The simplest solution to this issue is to
delete the symlink and copy postgres.exe to postmaster.exe.

Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235