Re: How to view the code in a function?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashley Clark
Subject Re: How to view the code in a function??
Date
List pgsql-general
* Callis, Adam in "[GENERAL] How to view the code in a function??"
* dated 2000/11/28 14:43 wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> I am sure someone probably knows this, I have used the \d tablename
> quite a lot lately, but I was wondering how to view the code in a
> function. Is there a way to get the definition?

Try this select statement:

SELECT pg_proc.proname, pg_proc.prosrc
FROM pg_proc, pg_user
WHERE ((pg_proc.proowner = pg_user.usesysid) AND
       (pg_user.usename = 'username'::name));

This will return the function names and source to functions defined by
user specified in username.

--
shaky recall

Attachment