Re: Couple simple(?) questions... - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From GH
Subject Re: Couple simple(?) questions...
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 08:11:31PM -0700, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Dmitri Touretsky wrote:
> > 1. Is it possible to SELECT from two databases? Something like
> >    SELECT db1.table1.field, db2.table1.fields ...
>
> No. So I use the following table naming convention:
> dbname1_tablename1
> dbname1_tablename2
> dbname1_tablename5
> dbname2_tablename1
> dbname2_tablename2
> dbname2_tablename5
>
> This provides me with easier logical groupings.

Yes, but removes any "physical" seperation of the db1 and db2 tables.
e.g. You would have to resort to some trickery to backup only one set of
tables. My point being simply to affirm that such a "feature" would be
very much welcomed -- as I believe it is in 7.1.(?)

*snip*

gh