Changes to libpgtcl - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Changes to libpgtcl
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,
   I'd like make some changes on the 7.1 (to be) libpgtcl.
   1.  Make   the  large  object  access  null-byte  safe,  when       libpgtcl is compiled against a 8.0 or higher
version of       Tcl.

       This  would  cause  that  a libpgtcl.so built on a system       with Tcl 8.0 or higher will not any longer  load
into  a       pre  8.0  Tcl interpreter.  Since Tcl's actual version is       8.3, I think it's long enough for
backwardcompatibility.

   2.  Add  a "pg_execute" command, that behaves almost like the       "spi_exec" of PL/Tcl.
   Any objections?

Jan