Re: err, XLOG/UW711/cc/Doesn't compile. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From 'Larry Rosenman'
Subject Re: err, XLOG/UW711/cc/Doesn't compile.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Mikheev, Vadim <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> [001120 13:26]:

> > > Just assign values to 8 bytes structure in pageheader.
> >
> > It's because XLogRecPtr is a struct.  You can't assign structs with
> > '='.  Gotta use memcpy, etc.
>
> I had no problems with this on Solaris & Linux. Also I think that
> there are another places in code where it worked so far.
> Anyway, there are just two members in this struct - Larry, could
> you try make this assignment by members and let us know ?
I bet you used GCC on all those platforms...  cc on UnixWare is
a C99 compiler....

I'll see if I can find the right pieces.  This is evidently
*NON*-Portable in it's current form.

--
Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org