Re: Table/Column Constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: Table/Column Constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:52:20PM +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Dumping constraints in human-readable form (instead of CREATE CONSTRAIN
> TRIGGER) would also be great.

In fact, IMHO, this would be a great place to start: we'd all love the
fuctionality, it'd have you examining almost all the same code, and it'd
be a feature we could all test, in diverse situations. DROP CONSTRAINT
is unlikely to be as widely tested. If you can build the introspection
correctly, so that it dumps/reloads correctly for _everyone_, then I'd
trust your DROP CONSTRAINT work a lot more.

Ross
--
Open source code is like a natural resource, it's the result of providing
food and sunshine to programmers, and then staying out of their way.