Re: How do I list foreign key info/relation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Davies
Subject Re: How do I list foreign key info/relation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Thanks for that. My problem now is it would be nice to have a way to get this
in one SQL query. I can't find a way to split up the pg_trigger.tgargs column
up into components. The data I need is separated by "\000", but the column type
is bytea. How do I split it up? I've tried using instr and substr, but I can't
get them to work.

Thankyou for your help,
Jason Davies.

--- Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, right now all you can do is use pg_trigger and that is how pg_dump
> is reading the constraint information.
>
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Jason Davies wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry if this is a re-post. Could someone tell me how I can list the
> foreign
> > key info for a given column or for a given table?
> >
> > All I want is the information about the relationships for a specified
> column.
> > The best I've come up with so far is looking in the pg_trigger table, but
> this
> > is not ideal. There must be a way, because pg_dump gets the relationships
> > somehow.

=====
Jason Davies,

 _  _ _|_ _ _  _  _| _    | www.netspade.com