Re: More vacuum troubles - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dan Moschuk
Subject Re: More vacuum troubles
Date
List pgsql-general
| > A vacuum without the analyze gives the error
| > ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found
|
| I think you might be getting bit by the same bug that was biting Alfred
| Perlstein a month or so back.  Try 7.0.3 and see if it's any better...
| if not, let me know and we'll probe deeper.
|
| (Marc hasn't officially announced 7.0.3 yet, but to the best of my
| knowledge the release-candidate tarballs currently available from our
| FTP server will be it.)

I've upgraded to 7.0.3, now I get...

c2net=> vacuum verbose analyze some_table;
NOTICE:  --Relation some_table--

It's been sitting like that for about half an hour now.  There's only
about 3000 records in that table.

--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.