Re: Sharing Postgres Files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matt Beauregard
Subject Re: Sharing Postgres Files
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 04:14:51PM +1000, Sean Weissensee wrote:
> We have 2 Web Servers running,
>
> what I like to do is have the postgres DB on a file server so that
both Web Servers can access this information,

I'm pretty sure that this won't work.  You would be better to run one
database server on the machine of your choice, with local datafiles,
and have both web servers connect to the database server using
internet sockets.

--
Matt Beauregard
Information Technology Operations, DesignScape

Ph: +61 2 9361 4233   Fx: +61 2 9361 4633