Re: Synchronizing Data? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter Pilsl
Subject Re: Synchronizing Data?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 12:59:14PM -0600, joe@jwebmedia.com wrote:
> Is there a way to synchronize data between postgresql on a local machine
> and postgresql on a remote web server? Maybe use the TCP/IP Connection
> with SSH somehow? Anyone done this or have any good ideas? Thanks a lot,

As far as I understood in the running discussion you only need to
update a few tables. I think, the easiest solution is a small
perl-script running on one of this two machines and building up a
connection to both machines. (I woulds ssh-tunnel the connection to
the remote-machine). Then you can run for it and select, insert and
update the things you want.  Cause synchronizing always is a hard
thing (what if both data has changed !?) you need to implement special
rules and maybe background-tables (containing the change-date of each
entry) anyway.

peter

--
mag. peter pilsl