Re: Transaction ID wraparound: problem and proposed solution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Larry Rosenman
Subject Re: Transaction ID wraparound: problem and proposed solution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> [001105 12:07]:
> Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> >> Uh, we don't want to depend on gcc, do we?
>
> > Doesn't C99 *REQUIRE* long long?
>
> What difference does that make?  It'll be a very long time before
> Postgres can REQUIRE that people have a C99-compliant compiler.
> Portability does not mean "we work great on just the newest and
> spiffiest platforms"...
I understand, but long long should start appearing in mainstream stuff
now that the standard is out.  I do understand your concern, however.
I was just making a point that we should start seeing it.

--
Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org