Re: [HACKERS] 7.0.3 branded - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Lance Taylor
Subject Re: [HACKERS] 7.0.3 branded
Date
List pgsql-hackers
From: Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>  Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:11:00 -0500 (EST)
   cvs log -rREL7_0_PATCHES
  I want just log entries that are part of the branch.  I get all entries.

What I see when I try this is that for files which have the
REL7_0_PATCHES tag (i.e., files which are on the branch), I see only
log entries for the branch.  For files which are do not have the
REL7_0_PATCHES tag (i.e., are not on the branch), I see all log
entries.

For example, in the top pgsql directory,   cvs log -rREL7_0_PATCHES HISTORY
gives me only log entries for the branch for the HISTORY file.
However,   cvs log -rREL7_0_PATCHES GNUmakefile.in
gives me all log entries.  It also gives me this warning:   cvs server: warning: no revision `REL7_0_PATCHES' in
`/home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot/pgsql/GNUmakefile.in,v'

Is this also what you see?

The natural way to fix this ought to be   cvs co -rREL7_0_PATCHES pgsql   cvs log .
Unfortunately, I tried it, and cvs log, I believe erroneously, seems
to pick up all files in the directory, even if they have not been
checked out.

I can tell you a hideous kludge to avoid this, but I can't claim that
it is the way to operate.  Check out the branch using the -r option as
above.  Then do this:   find . -name CVS -type d -exec touch '{}/Entries.Static' \;
After that, in the same directory, do   cvs log -rREL7_0_PATCHES

I'd hate to have to explain why that works.

Which version of CVS are you running on the server?  When I find some
time I'll see about fixing cvs log.

Ian