Re: Does column header support multibyte character? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tatsuo Ishii
Subject Re: Does column header support multibyte character?
Date
List pgsql-general
> Can I use chinese as the column header?

I'm not sure what kind of chinese encoding you want to use, anyway
PostgreSQL supports following encodings:

EUC-CN(simplified chinese EUC based on GB2312)
EUC-TW(traditional chinese EUC based on CNS 11643-1986)
Big5(yet another traditional chinese encoding, only for frontend)

Sample files for each encoding are in test/mb/sql.

see doc/README.mb for more details also.
--
Tatsuo Ishii