Conversion MySql -> PostgresSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From William H. Geiger III
Subject Conversion MySql -> PostgresSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I am new to PostgreSQL and I am trying to convert a MySQL database over.
There are a couple of basics I need to clear up:

On the numeric INT types can they be set to unsigned? I have 32-bit &
64bit unsigned integers that I need to store in the majority of the tables
in the database. All the numeric data in the tables are unsigned ints.

What are the table size limits? Are there any limits outside the
filesystem limits that the tables reside on (mysql has a 4Gb/table limit).

I am not quite sure on how to handle BLOB data. I have 2 tables that have
BLOB fields. I don't need the server to do anything with the data other
that to store the data and retrieve it based on queries on other fields
(no direct queries on the BLOB fields).

That's it for starters.

tks,

William H. Geiger III      http://www.openpgp.net