Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sean Kelly
Subject Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:27:22 -0400, Tom Lane said:

> Sean Kelly <S.Kelly@ncl.ac.uk> writes:
>  > (gdb) bt
>  > #0  0x8115eb2 in ri_BuildQueryKeyFull ()
>  > #1  0x8115dc2 in RI_FKey_keyequal_upd ()
>  > #2  0x8096d7c in DeferredTriggerSaveEvent ()
>
>  Hmm.  There wasn't any mention of foreign keys for this table in your
>  bug report, now was there?
>
>  At a guess, you've run into the known bug that foreign key triggers
>  don't track renames of referenced tables.  Did you rename a table that
>  is a foreign-key referencer or referencee of this one?  If so, rename
>  it back, or drop and reload both tables.  (The crash is fixed for
>  7.0.3, though actually tracking the renames is further downstream.)

    Ah ha!....  oldname_tbl referenced the primary key in
users_tbl, and oldname_tbl was renamed newname_tbl.  Is this the bug
you mean?...  When you say drop/reload both tables do you mean both
users_tbl and newname_tbl?...

    Thanks, I think it's nearly sorted now :)

--
Sean Kelly <S.Kelly@ncl.ac.uk>
"If 99% is good enough, then gravity will not work for 14 minutes