Re: install woes - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Stephen van Egmond
Subject Re: install woes
Date
List pgsql-php
Mike E (mee@quidquam.com) wrote:
> Tonight I installed apache 1.3.14, mysql, postgres, and php4.0.3pl1
> on my slack box at home. However, I'm running into trouble installing
> php w/ postgres. When I apachectl start, I get:
>
>     Cannot load /usr/local/apache/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
>     libpq.so.2.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>     directory
>
> I have libpq.so.2.1 in /usr/local/pgsql/lib by default, and I copied
> it into /usr/local/apache/libexec just for fun, but that didn't
> work. Does anyone know of a good web page or have any tips ideas
> on how to get this working?

I think this is in the FAQ... somewhere.  I'm sure I've seen it in the
build instructions.

I think you need to change your library search path, to explicitly
include /usr/local/pgsql/lib/ .  I have seen suggestions that you edit
/etc/ld.so.conf . It found this creepy, so I symlink'ed it in with all
my other libraries in /usr/lib/ .