Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sean Kelly
Subject Re: Updating multiple bool values crashes backend
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:52:44 -0400, Tom Lane said:

> pgsql-bugs@postgreSQL.org writes:
>  > users=> update users_tbl set added=TRUE where username like 'neta%';
>  > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>
>  > bash$ tail ~postgres/server.log
>  > Server process (pid 23747) exited with status 11 at Tue Oct 24 13:52:29 2000
>
>  This backend crash should have left a core file in your database
>  directory (PGDATA/base/users/core).  Can you provide a backtrace
>  from that corefile using gdb?

    No core there ... any other suggestions?  With respect to GCC
errors, '11' normally indicates a hardware problem - could this be
the case?  One of the machines I tested it on was brand new
hardware...

    Thanks,

--
Sean Kelly <S.Kelly@ncl.ac.uk>
"If 99% is good enough, then gravity will not work for 14 minutes