index problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brook Milligan
List pgsql-general
I am getting the following messages when I VACUUM ANALYZE:

NOTICE:  Index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (3579) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (4517).
        Recreate the index.
NOTICE:  Index pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (3579) IS NOT THE SAME AS HEAP' (4517).
        Recreate the index.

How do I recreate these indexes?  Is this a symptom of greater
problems?

I notice in src/backend/local1_template1.bki.source the following lines:

declare unique index pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index on pg_attribute using btree(attrelid oid_ops, attname name_ops)
declare unique index pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index on pg_attribute using btree(attrelid oid_ops, attnum int2_ops)

I presume these must be related to what I need to do, but I'm not sure
how to make use of this information (or even if I'm right).  Should I
translate these into CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ... statements?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Brook