please help me with arrays - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bo Berkhaut
Subject please help me with arrays
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi!
Would you please explain me how can I express in PostgreSQL the notion of
"any element of the array". Having a table like:

CREATE TABLE example (name text, slots text[]);

I want to be able to select, for example, all rows such that an element
of example.slots exists equal to example.name.
Something like:

SELECT name FROM example WHERE example.name = example.slots[*];

If I wrong from the very begining and such things should be done
in other way -- please tell me how.
Sorry, if my question is stupid or formulated incorrectly.
Thanks in advance,
  --bo